Monday, August 5, 2013

Wednesday, July 31st

Wednesday, July 31st. Day 43
Today's miles = Zero Total CDT miles = 619.2
I enjoyed last night in Leadore oh so much that I couldn't resist spending another night in town. (Haha). What actually happened is that I drank my coffee and ate breakfast and bummed around too long. By the time I walked the 6/10ths of a mile down to the city park (I love that they call Leadore a city considering it has a population of 105), the park host was not there to let me into the showers. I waited for about an hour before deciding to wash off in the bathroom. I was halfway through washing my hair in the sink when there was a pound on the door and Monkey saying that the park host had returned. So, I took a proper shower. The only public laundry machine in town was located in the only apartment complex in town (4 apartments) and it was broken. So I washed my clothes in the shower with me and hung them to dry back at my tent. By the time all of this was done it was already 2pm and a thunderstorm was rolling in. Thats when Baboon and I called the zero and bought a half gallon of mint chocolate chip ice cream and sat down and ate it all. We were planning on going to the bar again for dinner but they decided not to open tonight so we all had to eat camp food. It was quite disappointing. The storms were on and off today and are suppose to continue tomorrow as well. I'm not looking forward to being up in the mountains if the clouds still look like they do today.

Panama and Frankin Feet are spending another night in town. The one pup has had enough and one of their friends is driving to Leadore to pick him up and take him home. The other pup is doing really well. Everyone agrees that she still looks like she is having a lot of fun and wants to be out here.
Thomas, the guy who gave us a hitch into town also gave me his phone number for when we need a ride back into town. Baboon called him and set up the ride for 10am tomorrow. I'm ready to leave Leadore.

No comments:

Post a Comment