Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Wednesday, August 7th

Wednesday, August 7th. Day 50

Today's miles = 16.8. Total CDT miles = 736

I woke up in the hotel room completely exhausted from not going to sleep early last night like I said I would. 'So you think you can dance' gets me every town day! Panama had texted asking if Baboon and I wanted to grab breakfast with him and Frankin Feet at the cafe across the street. Of course we did but it took us both a while to get moving this morning. After I was all showered and mostly packed up Baboon and I walked over to meet them. The breakfast there was as good as the last meal we ate at the cafe. It's definitely one of the best diners on trail so far. After breakfast all four of us walked back to the motel room and panama and Frankin Feet took showers in our room because they were camped out behind the motel instead. I took this time to sort through my pack. It's been feeling particularly heavy lately and I was wanting to lighten up a bit. With all the food I've been eating (more than any other hike) and all the water I've been needing to carry my pack has been way too heavy for the climbs of the CDT. After all my effort this morning I was only able to send away 1 and a half pounds.

Around 11:45 the owner of the motel drove Baboon, Tim, and I back to the trail. Tim is a kid I just met today going SoBo. He was hiking with his friend up until Lima but his friend decided he had had enough and went home from here.

The hike today was mostly uphill. That seems to be the theme out here. We hiked with Tim for the first 5 miles or so before Baboon and I hit trailside to take a snack break. We somehow managed to hike almost 17 miles after 12:30pm and get to camp, eat dinner, and be in our sleeping bags before 9:15!! Some days just happen like that...and it's glorious.

No comments:

Post a Comment