Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Tuesday, August 6th

Tuesday, August 6th. Day 49

Today's miles = Zero. Total CDT miles = 719.2

Today was an efficient zero day. I woke up and was at the dentist by 8am. I left the dentist at 9:45 after having had a root canal and a new tooth built for a whopping 150 dollars!! Baboon and I left the hotel at 12 after organizing our packs and resupply food. We walked a few hundred yards toward the highway when a woman in a mini van pulled over and asked us where we were going. We replied "South" and she responded with "Me too! Want a ride? I'm going as far as Colorado." We then told her that we only needed to go the 50 miles Lima and she told us to hop in the van. I sat next to her crying one year old son. She dropped us off right at the motel in Lima and I got a room for the night because the Novocaine was beginning to ware off and I didn't feel like setting up my tent. Frankin Feet ended up hanging out in the room with us most of the night as well. She was waiting on Panama to get into town. She had gotten off trail in Leadore with her dog and only made it a few days before she had her friend drop her off in Lima. She decided not to go home and instead wait in Lima for Panama. So the three of us just hung out all day. I got sucked into the TV and didn't get to bed as early as I had wanted but other than that today was a pretty perfect day.

No comments:

Post a Comment