Sunday, August 25, 2013

Saturday, August 17th

Friday, August 17th. Day 60

Today's miles = Zero. Total CDT miles = 920.9

I pretty much planned on taking a zero today so when I woke up I didn't feel in a hurry to pack my things. Baboon and I walked over to 'Moms Cafe' for breakfast where I had the best omelet on trail!! Raffle and Flyboxer were already there finishing up their breakfast and were talking about hiking out today. We managed to convince them not to and they ended up zeroing today as well. On the walk back from breakfast I passed a general store with a man playing a piano right on the porch of the store. He was dressed like olden times and was playing all classical songs. I stopped for a while to sit down and listen. This is when I fell in 'lust' with Dubois! After listening for a while I went to the other general store and bought myself a Stetson Cowboy hat!! I wore my cowboy hat to a convenient store which is home of the worlds largest stuffed Jackalope!! When I climbed on the saddle on top of this 6 foot Jackalope this is when I fell in 'like' with Dubois. And it wasn't until (because of my hat) that every one in town said 'howdy' to me and smiled a big smile that I fell in 'love' with Dubois. Perhaps love is too strong a word for my affection towards Dubois. I've never been the best at commitment so I guess I'll just stick with 'like' for now (I 'liked' Dubois enough to stay another 2 nights). For dinner tonight Liz let us cook a frozen pizza in her oven and I curled up in the bed at the motel and watched 'pretty Woman', and 'The Music Man'.

No comments:

Post a Comment