Sunday, August 25, 2013

Tuesday, August 20th

Tuesday, August 20th. Day 63

Today's miles = 14 total CDT miles = 934.9

I woke up this morning wondering if I was ever going to get back on trail. Baboon got up and went outside looking for Liz because she said that she would give us a ride back to the trail but there was a note on the door saying that her truck broke down and she was getting it fixed and that Harley (the cleaning lady) could give us a ride. While reading this note I heard Monkey scream out Michigan Wolverine's name. Michigan Wolverine is a guy we hiked around last year on the PCT and he is hiking NoBo this year. So, the three of us sat outside the motel for a while swapping stories about trail. I walked over to the doughnut shop and got a dozen doughnuts and coffee for us all (not escaping all the 'howdy's' of the construction worker boys working in the street on the way over- God, I love my hat!) I could have stayed another day in town. I knew more people from the PCT were going to get to town today and if we didn't get out before they got here there would be no chance of getting out. So, I reluctantly accepted the ride back to trail from Harley. About 5 miles into the hike we ran into some of them. Virgo, Trip, and Catcus, all 2012 PCTers were hiking together. We stopped for a while to chat with them and catch up. They told us a story a few nights ago about the grizzly that came into their camp. It apparently still had blood on it's teeth from something it ate earlier. *yikes*.

Tonight we are camped in some pines. We made sure to hang our food very well tonight. I don't want any surprise visitors tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment