Friday, August 16, 2013

Wednesday, August 14th

Wednesday, August 14th. Day 57

Today's miles = 20 Total CDT miles = 890.8

This morning was by far the most difficult morning for me on the CDT yet! I could not get up. Everything hurt. My body was sore, my head was pounding, I could feel that my muscles were weak from dehydration and lack off proper nutrients. I'm just over 1/3rd of the way through this trail and I've already lost 20 pounds. I'm eating all the weight in food that I can carry and it's still not enough for this trail. I eat myself crazy in town and it doesn't seem to make a difference. I don't know how I could possibly eat more. The hike today was one of the hardest for me so far out here. It's not that the trail was particularly difficult today; it was just my body that was suffering from 57 days of hard use. There are many days out here that I forget the amount of miles I have hiked but today was not one of them. It was like I felt every mile I have ever traveled and it was miserable. I wanted a fireplace, a book, a blanket, and a cup of tea today but instead I ate some candy, loaded up on water and hiked through the mountains. I don't remember what I saw today. I spent most of the day starring down at my feet willing them to keep moving; to keep hiking. I put myself into a daydream about Batman...I did everything I could to keep my mind off of how weak I felt. Somehow I made it 20 miles. Now I must sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment