Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Saturday, August 3rd.

Saturday, August 3rd. Day 46

Today's miles = 21.1 Total CDT miles = 674.1

It was another cold morning this morning. The trail today was not a trail. It was mostly all cross country hiking. This means that sometimes there are posts sticking out of the ground to let you know where to go and other times there was nothing. I actually enjoyed this kind of hiking. It forces you to look up more and it also lets you kind of pick your own trail. For example, there was a climb today that would have gone straight up if there had been a trail but I got to switchback up it instead. There was a lot of climbing in general today.

I ran into a bunch of NoBos today. I stopped for a while to talk to most of them. This took a lot of time out of the day. When it was time to eat lunch I had only hiked 7 miles. I got pretty bummed out and after lunch had the motivation to huff it the rest of the day. Water was scarce and the sun was brutal. I didn't eat dinner tonight until after 9 when I had gotten to camp. Camp was in betwern two trees lakeside. There was a large animal that visited me tonight. It grunted and went away; perhaps an elk.

No comments:

Post a Comment