Friday, August 16, 2013

Tuesday, August 13th

Tuesday, August 13th. Day 56
Today's miles 25.6 Total CDT miles = 870.8
I slept in this morning because of getting to bed late last night. I felt like I was too tired to hike and wasn't quite sure how I was going to be able to put in any miles today. I struggled up the first few climbs this morning but I still had ten miles done by lunch. I took lunch at the outlet of a beautiful big lake. I had to ford the river to get to the other side where the trail was first. There were a few people on canoes that came by the river and into the lake while I was making my butter and herb rice and one of them even shook my hand after having found out who I was and that I was hiking the CDT. I was watching a storm brew across the lake and just kept hoping that the rain would hold out until I was done using my stove. Luckily it did and I was able to eat my lunch in peace. The rain didn't start for a few hours later and it poured!! I haven't been rained on like that since the beginning of the trail in Glacier. I had my umbrella and stayed almost completely dry. It had stopped raining by the time I passed a ranger station (or danger station as we call them. Ranger Danger!) and I got to ask them what the deal was with all the empty campsites last night. They gave me some politically correct answer and my opinion of Yellowstone rangers got even lower. Baboon and I night hiked again until 9:45 and got to the camp spot. Raffle, Flyboxer, and a NoBo named Beef Stew were already there and had a fire made. Baboon and I cooked up our dinner quickly and went to sleep. I was even more tired tonight than last.

No comments:

Post a Comment