Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Monday, August 5th

Monday, August 5th. Day 48

Today's miles = 27. Total CDT miles = 719.2

Today I woke up earlier! Can you believe it?? Today was also a nice hike. What!?! I felt great and killed today's hike. Baboon and I got to the road and there was a car pulling up. Two NoBo hikers got out of the car. I went over to say hi and introduce myself and I got to meet the whole family. The mother was dropping off her husband and her daughter and she and her other daughter we leaving today to return home to Oregon. She offered Baboon and I a ride to Dillon. I was first telling her about my broken tooth and how I've been having a really hard time eating. I've heard there are dentists in Dillon (which is not a trail town). The trail town for this section is Lima. This is also where our resupply boxes were sent. She had a room in Lima and needed to go there to pack her things so she first drove us to Lima where we went to the post office, got food at the diner, and then ran into Pappa Smirf - a guy we had met and hiked around on the PCT. After Monkey and I were both full to the brim the lady drove us 50 miles to Dillon and dropped us off at the motel 300 feet from the dentist I had made an appointment with for the morning!

Baboon and I spent the night eating and watching trashy television (Hunny Boo Boo) with the air conditioning blasting. There is something so wonderful about the combination of food, air conditioning, and trashy television that just makes me love being a thru hiker.

No comments:

Post a Comment