Monday, August 5, 2013

Friday, August 2nd

Friday, August 2nd. Day 45
Today's miles = 17.6 Total CDT miles = 653
I woke up late because I didn't sleep too well with how cold it was last night. My sleeping bag got soaked from all the condensation last night and I had to dry it out this morning in the sun so that it would be ready for tonight. By the time I made my coffee and ate breakfast it was already way past the time I wanted to be hiking by. I have no idea what time I started hiking today but I know it was late.
About 3 miles in to the day I started to get really dizzy up a climb. So I sat down on the side of the trail to eat and hydrate for a while. This took up a bit of time today. Lunch was 8 miles in by a spring seep. Right after lunch 3 men on ATVs came hauling down the trail. They jokingly offered me a ride to the lake just down the hill then took off again. By the time I got down to the lake they were standing there drinking beer. They waved for me to come down to the water then offered me beer, soda, chocolate, jerky, and granola bars. I accepted some of it and hung out to talk to them for a while. This took a lot of time out of today's hike too.
You would have never believed that last night was so cold with how hot it was today in the sun; especially with all the uphill again today. At one point (who am I kidding), at multiple points today I got so frustrated because I kept wondering how in the hell I could still be going uphill. I kept saying that I have been climbing uphill since we left Leadore. Monkey didn't agree with me but I think he was just trying to disagree on purpose.
Dinner tonight was by a trickling stream. This is where I ran into our second set of Nobo's (North bounders). The first two people I saw earlier today. The couple was from Seattle and sat and had dinner with us. This took some time out of today's hike...there was a pattern today; I kept getting distracted and spent a lot of time not hiking today. I was also not feeling well today. My energy was low and my breathing was poor. Hopefully tomorrow is a better day!




No comments:

Post a Comment