Thursday, August 8, 2013

Thursday, August 8th.

Thursday, August 8th. Day 51

Today's miles = 20 Total CDT miles = 756

I woke up late and dehydrated again. I know I was dehydrated because I didn't have to get up once during the night to pee. Usually I'm up 3 or 4 times a night when I have had the proper amount of water. But luckily for me I had camped about 20 yards from a spring. While I was still drinking my coffee this morning and ordering new shoes online with my phone (I had 3G) a group of NoBo's came by the spring. They stopped to get water and chatted with Baboon and I for a bit.

The morning hike went by quickly. Part of the morning was in a burn section. The climbs today were steep but short(ish) so I didn't mind them too much. The downhills were also very steep and I took a few falls twisting my wrist the one time and my ankle the other. Both were able to be walked off. Haha! What I did enjoy about today was the forest I got to hike through. I feel like most of the CDT so far has not been in many trees. At night I'm always looking for some trees to set up my tent by. But today I felt like I was under the trees all day except for the last few miles. And sure enough I was scouting the horizon yet again tonight for some trees to become my home this evening but this time in the rain. The rain held out all day until about 20 minutes before I was done hiking. I have a feeling it's going to drizzle most of the night. I managed to get my tent set up and stay decently dry. I love my umbrella more everyday. It's actually nice when it rains at night sometimes (as long as it stops by morning). The sound of the rain is calming and puts me right to sleep.

I have to thank my best friend Milagro for taking care of my cats this week while my parents are on vacation! They love you and will be very happy to see you Milagro!! Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment