Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Sunday, October 27th

Sunday, October 27th. Day 131

Today's miles = 32 Total CDT miles = 2,047.8

I didn't sleep well last night because the cold kept me up. I woke up within a few hours with ice on my sleeping bag. It most certainly wasn't the worst nights sleep I've gotten on the trail but it wasn't much better. It was hard to get moving this morning because of that.  The tent was of course covered with a layer of ice which made me want to lay there until it melted. It took me a while but I eventually got hiking by 8:30am. About a mile into the hike I got water from a drainage ditch. I knew the next water was 20 miles away and I only had one liter of water so I resorted to drinking cow trampled puddle water. Yum! It actually tasted better than the water I got yesterday that tasted like spoiled eggs.
The trail today was completely on a dirt car trail. I guess you would have needed an ATV or a Jeep to be able to drive on the road with the condition it was in but it was still nicer than walking on a trail. You can zone out when you know you are on a road. I zone out and daydream about Batman and other wonderful things.

We passed some hunters today that told us that we could set up our stuff by their camp and they would feed us. So, that's exactly what we did. Baboon was feeling very ill and I was feeling very tired so after we set up our gear we actually ended up just going to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment