Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Friday, September 27th

Friday,  September 27th. Day 101

Today's miles = 13.2 Total CDT miles = 1, 524.6

This morning I woke up to the smell of coffee. Molasses had the coffee made and breakfast started by the time I walked out of the bedroom wiping the sleep out of my eyes. I sat down on the couch, sipped the coffee, and marveled at the fact that I wasn't outside in the 20 degree temperatures. A little while later I was served a veggie and egg scramble, hashbrowns, and a bagel. Molasses, Baboon, Emily (the girl next door), and I all sat in the living room enjoying the morning. A little while later Molasses drove Baboon and I to the trail to slack pack 13 miles. The first 9 miles were uphill and it pretty much snowed the entire way up. The wind mixed with the snow was a pretty brutal combination. It stopped snowing for a little while but soon picked up again. Around 6 or so I found myself frozen to the bone and piling back into Molasse's car headed back to his house to shower and get warm.  We went to the grocery store to buy supplies for dinner and I made Greek salads and tomato, mozzarella, and basil sandwiches. 

I'm beginning to feel like I'm getting sick  I think the cold weather really got to me today. Hopefully I will sleep warm and well tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment