Sunday, October 13, 2013

Saturday, October 12th

Saturday, October 12th. Day 116

Today's miles = 21 Total CDT miles = 1,762.1

I woke up while it was still dark and continued to hike on the dirt road all day until I reached the highway. I was SO happy when I stepped to the side of the road and stucky thumb into the air. It took a few minutes until an man in his 70's picked us up. He was the most helpful and kind person! He drove us a while to another highway where a young couple picked us up.  They drove us to another highway. A family then picked us up and drive us to yet another highway where we finally got picked up by a man who reminded me of Bob Ross. The total hitch was just under 200 miles. It was so horrible that I was 14 miles from town via trail when I had to bail and in order to get to town I had to walk so many extra miles then hitch almost 200 miles around all sorts of mountains to get to town. At least I made it here!

No comments:

Post a Comment