Saturday, October 19, 2013

Friday, October 18th

Friday, October 18th. Day 122

Today's miles = 30.1 Total CDT miles = 1,847.2

I woke up this morning in the privy. It was so cold in there I didn't even want to imagine how cold it was outside of the privy. It got well below freezing last night. A hunter told me later today that it got in the single digits. Once I heard that I was even happier that my standards are so low that I don't mind sleeping in a privy. I was camped at 10,000ft last night and had to hike through snow this morning over a pass before I got to a beautiful car trail that I could cruise on. I went into a daydream and hiked as fast as I could to make it to the road to town. I didn't want to spend another night as cold as last night, AND the next town was officially in NEW MEXICO!! Woo woo!

I got to Chama New Mexico and got a room at the 'Y Motel' for the night. It was one of the drumpier motels so far on the trail but it was leaps above sleeping in a privy. It would have been downright wonderful if there had been hot water. It's the time of the trail where you have to skimp on hotels in order to be able to buy food. So, we went with the cheapest in town. After the motel I went to Subway and immediately went back to the room to relax the rest of the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment