Sunday, October 13, 2013

Monday, October 7th

Monday, October 7th. Day 111

Today's miles = 19 Total CDT miles = 1,675.2

This morning was far more pleasant than yesterday. It was still chilly but the sun was out beginning to warm the frost. There was a little climb this morning but the following 5 miles were downhill. I took a break by the last water for about 14 miles before busting through the afternoon hike. It was after that break that my back began hurt too badly to focus on anything else. The pain I felt on the AT was back and worse than ever in that it spread to my neck as well. I had a really difficult day today pushing through the pain and was extremely happy to stop for the night. I'm camped by a highway up on the hill nestled in some trees. I can see the cars drive by but there is no chance of them seeing me. I actually kind of like the sound of the traffic tonight. I have a feeling it's going to put me to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment