Sunday, October 13, 2013

Tuesday, October 8th

Tuesday, October 8th. Day 112
Today's miles = 15 Total CDT miles = 1,690.2
I woke up to the sound of an angry squirrel cherping outside my tent. He was apparently angry that I set up underneath his tree last night. This morning was of course cold but it was bearable once I got moving. It was a nice hike this morning among the aspen trees. The leaves were all changing colors and falling to the ground in a beautiful dance. There were a few water crossings today but luckily there were down trees that I was able to walk across. The afternoon was a beautiful hike in what felt like desert conditions. I can tell I'm getting close to New Mexico because the environment has begun to change drastically.
Tonight I'm camped at tree line on some cow poop. I tried to move the big piles out of the way before I set up my tent but there was no escaping it.

No comments:

Post a Comment