Monday, October 28, 2013

Tuesday, October 22nd.

Tuesday, October 22nd. Day 126

Today's miles = 29.3 Total CDT miles = 1,936.5

As to be expected it was another frozen morning. I ate my fudge poptart, skipped my coffee (my fingers were too cold to make it), and was packed up and hiking by 8:40am. I thought I was suppose to be in the desert but the mornings hike convinced me otherwise.  The day started with a straight up climb in a forest. It was very pretty but I did not feel like I was in the desert. The trees were tall and healthy and there was actually a little mud on the ground. After the climb the trail started to look a little more desert like and stayed that way the rest of the day. The afternoon got warm again today which made me happy and by the time I was climbing up the second mountain today I actually broke a sweat. I'm looking forward to getting to town tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment