Thursday, October 24, 2013

Monday, October 21st

Monday, October 21st. Day 125

Today's miles = 16 Total CDT miles = 1,907.2

I spent last night with ice on my neck and shoulder. I've always had a hard time with my back ever since the AT but the weight of my pack on this trail (from carrying all the water) has really taken a toll on my right shoulder and side of my neck. I've been in a lot of pain whenever I have my pack on and it almost feels like I pulled a muscel. So, I got some ice last night hoping that it would help it feel better. It actually did make a small difference and I woke up this morning with very little pain. I walked over for the breakfast buffet before heading out on trail. I only made it 16 miles because where I am camped is the last water source for 15 miles. The hike was pleasant today. Now that I'm back in the desert it's actually sunny and almost warm in the afternoon. The nights are still freezing...literally freezing. All my water still freezes solid but at least its nice during the day. It makes it easier to get up in the morning when you know it's going to get warmer during the day. Panama and Bethany are also camped at this spot tonight. Its nice to have people around again.

No comments:

Post a Comment