Sunday, October 13, 2013

Wednesday, October 9th

Wednesday, October 9th. Day 113

Today's miles = 14 Total CDT miles = 1,704.2

Somedays the most difficult part of the trail is not the terrain, the weather, the high passes, the cold nights, the physical pain, or the constant hunger, but rather your own mind. Today the sky was not a beautiful blanket over the mountains, the leaves falling from the trees were not dancing, and the water trickling down the stream was not the most peaceful sound. In my eyes the sky was grey, the leaves were in my way, and the water was too cold. Its funny how sometimes the world around us is only as beautiful as you allow it to be. But a hot meal, a few deep breaths, and some rest gave me the strength I need to finish out these last 600 miles of trail. I don't remember much from today although I do remember camping in the snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment