Saturday, October 19, 2013

Thursday, October 17th

Thursday, October 17th. Day 121

Today's miles = 27 Total CDT miles = 1,817.1

Again was cold. It was freezing. I was bundled up in almost all my gear for the entire day. There was a lot of snow to trudge through and my feet were frozen most of the day. Once I got to the spot where I had inteded on camping for the night I was too cold to even think about setting up a tent. The spot I chose for tonight is an abandoned campground. It only had about four camp sites but it did have a privy. I walked over to the privy to see what kind of condition it was in and once I had determined it sutiable for sleeping I screamed over to Monkey that I was sleeping in the privy because I thought it would be warmer. It had four walls and a ceiling so it had to be warmer than a thin layer of silnilon. So, I bunkered down in the privy for the night. It was actually quite pleasant.

No comments:

Post a Comment