Sunday, October 13, 2013

Saturday, October 5th

Saturday, October 5th. Day 109

Today's miles = 14 Total CDT miles = 1, 631.2

I left the hotel around 11am this morning to try get back to the trail. It took a while for a hitch but I was finally offered a ride partially up the mountain. After a while in the car the lady offered to drive us all the way back to the trail despite her not originally going there. Once we got to the trailhead it was obvious that I would be hiking in snow the whole day. The hiking today was all at decently high elevation and it was impossible to escape the snow and wind. I kept moving to keep warm forgetting to eat and drink all day. Around 10 miles into the hike I came across a public cabin that I was intending to stay at tonight. There were already two car campers there that did not seem interested in sharing the cabin for the night even though there was room for a few more people. So, I had to hike on in the snow frozen to the bone looking for somewhere to set up for the night. I ended up camping by the last water source for 10 miles. It's freezing outside right now and it's only 7pm. I'm not looking forward to how cold its bound to get tonight. Doing my best to stay warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment