Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Wednesday, September 25th

Wednesday, September 25th. Day 99
Today's miles = 19.4 Total CDT miles = 1,492.9
I managed to get myself up around 6:30am today to try to get on the trail early. Honeybee drove Baboon and I back to the trail and we were hiking by 10. I didn't like saying goodbye to her. She's such a sweet friend I don't want it to be another two years before I see her agiain. She walked on the trail for a little while with Skipper (the chocolate lab) before parting ways. The first 13 miles today were on a bike path. It was still senic and beautiful AND I got to walk right through the town of Frisco, where I ate lunch. Right as the bike path turned back into trail I ran into Panama and bethany. I haven't seen them since Grand lake. The CDT is now also the Colorado Trail so the trail has been more nicely maintained. I can only hope it stays that way for the rest of Colorado.  I'm camped tonight halfway up the climb to a pass. The nights have been getting dark around 7:20 and with the sun also goes any warmth that I had previously had. So, I stopped hiking early today so that I could get into my sleeping bag and warm up. Tomorrow I have to hike over two passes in the morning but I believe the rest of the day should be a little easier. 

No comments:

Post a Comment