Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Wednesday, September 18th

Wednesday, September 18th. Day 92

Today's miles = 19 Total CDT miles = 1,415.3

I wanted to get up this morning to meet Flyboxer, Lush, Man Party, and Captain (all fellow Southbounders that I caught up to) for breakfast but those crazy f*ckers were meeting at 7am!!! Who gets up on a town day at 7am?! Well, apparently everyone but me. Even Panama and Beth woke up to meet them and have breakfast. I finally got up at 9 or so and took the shower I skipped last night before heading to The Fat Cat Cafe for a breakfast of my own. After breakfast I did all my town chores... resupply and post office (thanks mom for all the goodies!).

It began to rain around 11am so I hung out until it stopped. It was after noon before I got hiking. About an hour later it rained on me anyway and continued to rain the rest of the day. The trail in this section is said to be destroyed. So, there is a car trail you can take that will get you around the lakes. I decided to walk the car trail today instead of the destroyed trail. The car trail followed around 3 beautiful giant lakes and was relatively flat. It would have been quite pleasant had it not been raining on me. There was a beautiful rainbow over the lake that brightened my day, though.

Tonight I'm camped at a little primitive campground but it has a privy, picnic tables, and a water faucet sticking out of the ground so it's all I desire for the night. Well, perhaps I would desire for this rain to stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment