Thursday, September 12, 2013

Sunday, September 8th

Sunday, September 8th. Day 82

Today's miles 32 Total CDT miles = 1,251.9

I woke up early this morning trying to beat the heat of the day which I knew was coming. The entire day was mostly on a car trail but it was most certainly not flat! The whole morning seemed uphill. After about 20 miles on the car trail it turned back into a regular trail for the rest of the day. Once the trail turned back into a trail it also suddenly stopped being the desert. There were trees and green things. The more I hiked the more like a forest it became. There was even a delapitated shack on the side of the trail.

By 5pm I was totally shot and didn't want to hike another step but I kept going until 7:30. I wanted to get as close to the road to Encampment as possible. The end of the day was in the rain hiking straight up the side of Bridger Mt. I camped among pine trees in the rain just a few hundred miles shy of Bridger Peak (11,008ft).

No comments:

Post a Comment