Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Thursday, September 12th

Thursday, September 12th. Day 86

Today's miles = 31. Total CDT miles = 1,332.3

I woke up early, packed up in the rain, got followed down the trail by two sheep dogs, forded a river, and hiked in the rain all day. The trail was sloppy and very slippery all day. The water was all brown from all the rain the area has been getting and even filtering it did not take the color out. I've taken to masking the color of the brown water with drink mixes.

I put my head down today and hiked, hiked, hiked. I had a few nice Batman daydreams to keep my mind occupied throughout the day and by the time I reached the road to town I was beyond ready to have a beer and a warm shower.
We got a ride from the first car to pull over and the two men dropped us off right in the center of town. Steamboat Springs is quite the ski town and there was everything I could have wanted there including a free bus that goes from end to end of the town every 20 minutes!

I took a nice warm shower, ate some Thai food, and fell asleep watching "Pal Joey (a Frank Sinatra hit)! It was a hell of a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment