Thursday, September 12, 2013

Wednesday, September 11th

Wednesday, September 11th. Day 85

Today's miles = 20.4 Total CDT miles = 1,301.3

I woke up late today because the rain was still coming down. I, of course, didn't want to get up and pack up all my gear in the rain. It was miserable and cold all morning. Eventually I got moving and began to filter the brown water on the side of the car trail. As I was filtering Bethany and Panama came by. They had camped a few miles back last night and had gotten an earlier start this morning.

4 miles into the day I officially left Wyoming and entered Colorado! HALFWAY for the CDT!!! It stopped raining just long enough for the sun to pop out for a few moments as I crossed the border. The sun didn't stay to play very long and right as I hiked on from the border it began to pour. It poured the rest of the day. The second I entered Colorado the trail went straight up! It was uphill the rest of the day except for the last few miles. About 3 miles from where I wanted to camp the sky opened up and the rain came down so hard I couldn't see past a few feet in front of me. The whole trail became a river. Once I gave into the rain it actually became kind of fun except for how cold it was. Bethany and Panama were at the spot I was planning on camping at tonight so I set up not too far from them for the night. It didn't stop raining the rest of the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment