Monday, September 23, 2013

Monday, September 23rd

Monday, September 23rd. Day 97

Today's miles = Zero. Total CDT miles = 1, 473.5

I woke up in the barn this morning around 8:30. I tried to fall back asleep but couldn't even despite my fatigue. I made it down to the house for some coffee and I made myself a veggie and egg scramble with eggs gathered from the chicken coop earlier this morning. I think it was by far the freshest thing I have tasted since being on trail. I spent the rest of the day relaxing and enjoying the farm animals. I got to play with a 12 hour old duckling (ducks are my favorite animal of all time), cuddle with a chocolate lab, feed 11-week-old goats, watch the hens protect the duck eggs they were given the care of, feed horses carrot treats, and meander around with the turkeys. It was a pretty awesome way to spend my day.


No comments:

Post a Comment