Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Friday, September 13th

Friday, September 13th. Day 87

Today's miles = Zero. Total CDT miles = 1,332.3

I knew I was taking a zero today because my brother is flying into Denver tonight and then driving the three hours to Steamboat Springs to visit. I love waking up in the morning when I know I don't have to hike all day.

I had some breakfast across the street at the bakery then began taking care of some trail business. My pack broke a few days ago on trail. The frame actually snapped in a few places. It's been difficult hiking with it the past few days with it being that way. I was able to call Osprey (the company that makes my pack) and they agreed to replace it. They told me to go over to the Ski Haus here in town and I could get my pack from them and they would send a replacement to the store. Well, the store didn't have my pack so Osprey told me to pick any pack I wanted instead. I ended up with a heavier but more durable pack that also has more padding. It's a womans pack!! It's the first time I've ever had a woman's pack. I'm not sure how it's going to work out for me.
After my trial business (resupply, laundry..etc.) I staying in the Motel the rest of the night except to go out for a slice of pizza. There wasn't anything good on TV tonight but there is a place in my heart for trashy Television so the night was alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment