Monday, September 23, 2013

Saturday, September 21st

Saturday, September 21st. Day 95

Today's miles = 10.5 Total CDT miles = 1, 463.4

I didnt leave the hotel until check out and by the time I got a ride back to trail it was after noon. The trail was at elevation (12,000-13,000ft) and uphill, of course. I knew I could only really hike around 10 miles today unless I wanted to camp above 12,000ft so I took it easy today. The trail was absolutely beautiful yet again and just as cold as the past few days. I camped on the side of a car trail around 11,400ft. It was still light out when I set my tent up for the night. I am loving the views in Colorado but not loving the elevation. I still have been experiencing horrible altitude sickness and it really makes these climbs miserable for me. Hopefully I will be able to sleep tonight being this high up...chances don't look good. The sun was beautiful on the mountains at my camp spot!

No comments:

Post a Comment