Sunday, September 22, 2013

Friday, September 20th

Friday, September 20th. Day 94

Today's miles = 23 Total CDT miles = 1, 452.9

Last night there was another moose that was swiming in the water. I thought it was way too cold for anything to be in the water due to the fact that it froze last night but those animals are big so I guess it doesn't bother them. I got hiking by 7 or so because I knew today was going to be a hard day. There were a lot of inclines at high elevation. The wind was horrible today as well. I had on almost all my hiking clothes today to try to keep out the chill. The trail was beautiful today, though. The more difficult it is the more beautiful it seems. It took all day today to hike the miles....

We ended up hitching into a trail town that we were originally going to skip. We stayed the night, ate some sushi, and got a good nights sleep (finally!).

No comments:

Post a Comment