Sunday, July 7, 2013

Wednesday, July 3rd.

Wednesday, July 3rd. Day 15

Today's miles = 21.3 Total CDT miles = 214.6

I meant to wake up at 5 this morning. I got up at 6:30. My being weak in the mornings is really starting to get me down. I spent the first half of the day not having any energy. After about 6 miles this morning I came across the Chinese Wall. The Wall is an uplifted piece of earth's crust that towers over everything and lasts almost 6 miles long. It is named after what it looks like; The Great Wall of China. I walked along the base of the wall for almost its entire distance. The top of the Chinese Wall (for today's section) is the actual Continental Divide.

Today was another hot day. The trail didnt offer much shade today and the wind was pretty strong by the Wall so I didn't get to use my umbrella as much as I would have liked. I got sunburned on my shoulders and arms. After the Wall I descended to a valley where I finished off the hike for today. The hiking wasn't the hardest I've had so far on the trail but the day in general was difficult to push through. Panama, Beth, Baboon, and I all felt it today; the roughness of the trail. We have been hiking 20s since we have gotten out of Glacier and for the beginning of the trail to be busting through a 9 day stretch doings 20 or so miles a day is rough and we all really felt it today. And the fact that we all are so low on food didn't help our energy levels or moods. My feet are pretty chewed up from my shoes still. I popped some of the blisters. A few are turning into calluses but the others have just become blisters again. With the condition of my feet today I wasn't sure I was going to make it to Indian Point Horse Camp which is where I am tented tonight. Two nights in a row I've been able to camp on flat ground outside of a locked shelter. Panama, Beth, and the pups are camped just on the other side of the shelter tonight. It's nice having met up with them because it's so easy to hike this trail and see almost no one.

No comments:

Post a Comment