Monday, July 15, 2013

Sunday, July 14th.

Sunday, July 14th. Day 26.

Today's miles = 12. Total CDT miles = 346.5

I woke up this morning in an air conditioned hotel room. I did not want to get up and pack my things. I was starting to feel a little better this morning from the past few mornings so I got my things together and left the hotel at 11am. Monkey and I went to Pizza Hut for lunch then a man that he had met earlier today gave us a ride back to MacDonald Pass. We didn't get hiking until 3:30pm.
My fever has gone down today and I've been starting to breathe a little better so today's 12 miles were the easiest 12 miles for me on the whole CDT so far. Outside of the medicine I'm taking making me extreamly thirsty, I'm glad that it's making me feel a little better. Hopefully I continue to feel better as the days pass.

Tonight I'm camped at an actual camp spot with a fire pit just off a car trail (dirt road). We didn't make a fire tonight. It's already 10:09pm and I'm trying to wake up at 5am tomorrow. There have been no fires on the CDT so far. The miles take too much of the day and by the time you're done you're too tired to make a fire unless you have to. I'm pleased with the 12 miles of today for not having left town until 3:30.

It's 81 miles from Helena to Anaconda. Looking to get there Wednesday night or early Thursday morning depending on how many miles I'm able to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment