Monday, July 22, 2013

Saturday, July 20th

Saturday, July 20th. Day 32.

Today's miles = 19. Total CDT miles = 462.1

I didn't sleep well last night. I was coughing most of the night and couldn't seem to get comfortable. Monkey had set the GPS alarm for 5am and let it ring for an hour without getting up. Grrrr! So my morning was a bit cranky. But then he got up and made me coffee. So, all was better in the world. I got hiking by 7:45.

There was a lot of incline today. I felt like I was climbing most of the day. The trail has been beautiful the past few days though. There have been a lot of beautiful blue lakes with a backdrop of rock walled mountains. Today we went up over three passes and down to three beautiful lakes. We took breaks at all the lakes and lunch at the second one. I washed my feet and legs off in the water. The wind was a bit too chilly to go swiming.

It got really hot after lunch and I was regretting not taking a swim. I try to drink a lot of water when its warm out because I don't drink enough water as it is and the second it starts to get hot I really feel the dehydration. It took a few liters to start feeling better.

I felt well today. My body wasn't sore and my feet didn't hurt. I could actually breathe while hiking most of the day. The only part of today that I didn't like was the last pass when my breathing became restricted again.

I'm camped tonight at lake number four. There are other people here as well. There must be a side trail somewhere that leads to a road. These people don't seem like the hiking sort.

No comments:

Post a Comment