Monday, July 22, 2013

Thursday, July 18th

Thursday, July 18th. Day 30
Today's miles = Zero. Total CDT miles = 416.4
I slept in later than anyone. Flyboxer was the first one up. He had his stuff packed up before anyone else even stirred in their tents. He got into town yesterday evening and set up at the RV park by Baboon, Panama, Bethany, and I. I heard everyone else get up but I only got a few hours of sleep last night due to my breathing issues so I was too tired this morning to move. The only thing that got me up was when the sun came out and shinned directly on my tent making it a hot box of humidity. I finally dragged my ass out of my tent and began to pack things up.
Baboon Panama, Bethany, the pups, and I all went to breakfast in the center of town. The Main Street area of Anaconda redeemed the town a little in my book. It's a very historic town with all the original buildings from the early 1900's. They have taken to maintaining the old buildings and keeping them in functioning order. The place we had breakfast this morning was an old bar that had been turned into a diner. The food was decent and cheep and the architecture was beautiful so it was definitely worth the walk to town center. Plus, the pups enjoyed sleeping under the table and the wait staff and owner didn't mind.
At breakfast we learned that Anaconda has an old theater that they show a movie at every night at 7pm. The new Superman movie was playing tonight in 3D for 6 dollars a ticket! The theater is like the Riviera Theater (for those of you familiar with that tiny NY theater) and has all the original decorations and designs. I also learned that Anaconda has a Dairy Queen. Ice cream, movie theater popcorn, and delicious eye candy superhero movies get me every time. So, I didn't hike today. Instead I posted up by the polluted river in the shade for the hottest part of the day (after having eaten my ice cream) and waited until 7pm for the movie. Panama and Beth also went to the movie and it almost felt like I was hanging out with friends off trail -  minus the smelliness and the absurd amount of popcorn eating.
I camped by the polluted lake tonight.  Today was a good day AND I got to dream about Superman when I feel asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment