Sunday, July 28, 2013

Tuesday, July 23rd

Tuesday, July 23rd. Day 35

Today's miles = 4. Total CDT miles = 511.7

This morning I woke up almost early. I wanted to get into town. I made coffee, ate my Poptart, and headed down trail. There was only one climb between town and I so I got to the road rather quickly. It took over an hour to get a hitch the 30 miles to Darby. A young guy with two small children in car seats in the back picked us up. I sat between 4 year old Hunter and two year old Adie for the 30 minute drive. I got to talk to them about Goldfish and chocolate milk instead of making conversation with the driver which was much more pleasant for me. Once we got into town Monkey and I headed right to Debs Cafe for breakfast. I got a giant veggie omelet, hashbrowns, and toast. It was the best breakfast I've had on the CDT so far! After breakfast I did laundry at the laundromat across the street then walked down to the motel. The motel had one room available and it was a cabin. It had a kitchen with dishes, air-conditioning, and cable. I bunkered down there for a while cooling off and showering before walking to the grocery store to resupply. After the store Monkey and I walked down to "The Little Blue Joint" for dinner. At first we didn't know where we wanted to eat but Darby has four restaurants. Two are closed on Tuesday's, and one only does breakfast and lunch. So, The Little Blue Joint it was. I got Greek salad and split Greek pizza with Monkey. The rest of the night was spent in the cabin with the air-conditioning on full blast watching America's Got Talent. It was a successful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment