Saturday, November 9, 2013

Thursday, November 7th

Thursday, November 7th. Day 142
Today's miles = 28 Total CDT miles = 2,318
The hot springs last night relaxed me enough to put me right to sleep. I slept pretty well but I kept waking up because I was cold. I woke up at 3:30am with a horrible migrane so I took some medicine but was not able to fall back asleep. The tent froze along with my water bottles and as I was packing up my things a man camped in one of the other sites hollered over to tell us that we could come warm up by his fire. I was so cold I didn't think twice. Once my gear was all packed up I headed over there and he offered me a cup of coffee. I graciously accepted. Baboon and I stood there by the fire with him for a about an hour talking. He was absolutely amazing to talk to. I was truly inspired by his life. Thank you Tom for taking the time to talk to us and to make us coffee. It was great to meet you!! I wish you the best of times on your journey with your son!!
After we left the campground I hiked on a road all day long. My feet ended up swelling up and breaking out in a rash and by the end of the day after we had gotten a ride into town by a kind woman and her handsome dog I was absolutely shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment