Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Saturday, November 2nd.

Saturday, November 2nd. Day 137

Today's miles = 30 Total CDT miles = 2,194.1

I woke up late today. I didn't get much sleep with the coyotes yapping all night and it was a very cold morning so that never helps the motivation. I was hiking by 8:45am. All of the hike today was on dirt roads just like yesterday. But the roads today were a bit more rugged.  The first 10 or so miles were up a mountain. I was hoping the days of climbing thousands and thousands of feet were over but today proved me wrong. I felt good today though so I didn't really mind. There were a few tarantulas meandering around today but that was really the only wild life I saw.

The one water sourse for today had dead birds in it. It was a concret underground tank that you actually had to climb into to reach the water...very much like manhole. I've had better water.

I hiked into the dark tonight hoping to make it to a water source to camp at but I made it one mile shy because the sunset distracted me for longer than I had anticipated. It was worth every minute of it. I'm camped tonight about 2/10ths of a miles from a paved road. A car passes every 30 mintues or so. I get to fall asleep to the sound of elk calling, cototes yapping, and the ocassional car passing by...ahh...the CDT.

No comments:

Post a Comment