Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Monday, November 11th

Monday,  November 11th. Day 146

Today's miles = 16 Total CDT miles = 2,409.5

I woke up this morning because a school bus was stopping on the highway to pick up a kid that lived down the dirt road I was camped just off of. I knew I only had 16 miles left to the last town on the CDT, Deming NM. I still didn't get up in a hurry. The first 9 miles of the day went by so quickly I don't even remember them. But then the sun got hot. I had forgotten I was in the desert this morning. I only had 2 liters of water for the whole hike today so I was rather thirsty all day...and very dehydrated in that sun. I pushed through the last few miles with my feet and legs on fire from walking on the pavement all day. I finished the 16 miles in a little over 4 1/2 hours. I was so hungry and just wanted to eat and get out of the sun. So, when I got to town that's exactly what I did. I ate, got a motel room, and layed down the rest of the night. Tomorrow I leave here to finish the last 35 miles of this trail!

No comments:

Post a Comment