Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Monday, November 4th

!Monday, November 4th. Day 139

Today's miles = 26.8 Total CDT miles = 2,250.9

I actually sat up this morning before 6am!! It was a cold morning and there was a lot of condensation on the tent but at least it didn't rain last night. I don't mind the rain so much at night as long as it stops before I wake up. I ate my Poptart listening to the wind blow outside my tent and for a moment thought maybe I'd stay in my tent all day and not hike. That thought lasted until my last bite of fudge Poptart when I began to pack my things unconsciously. Before I knew it I was climbing a mountain.

It stayed cold the whole day. I didn't even get an hour where I was warm. The sun came out but the wind was so horrible it didn't make a difference. The trail continued to follow a dirt road today except for the first 5 miles of the day. I had one water source today which was dry. Good thing there were two hunters sitting in the bed of a pickup getting drunk that were able to give me water. The last few miles of the day were fantastic hiking. Not only because of the termite bee monster I discovered but because of how beautiful the trail was. I wish I hadn't been so hungry and tired maybe I could have enjoyed them more. The sun was setting and I was walking through open range on a jeep trail. I could just imagine riding a horse through those fields and feeling as free as could be. Usually the last few miles of a long day are the worst but today they were the highlight. I'm camped in that open range as there are not really any trees around for me to camp by. It's been a long time since I've camped so exposed.

No comments:

Post a Comment