Sunday, November 10, 2013

Sunday, November 10th

Sunday, November 10th. Day 145

Today's miles = 24 Total CDT miles = 2,393.5

It was not too cold this morning so getting up wasn't that hard of a task. I didn't have any problems with the ranchers that owned the property I was camped on last night. They never came around. I was out and hiking by 7am. The first 5 miles today were on a dirt road. There was one particularly hostile cow that followed me for a while but other than that it was rather uneventful. The dirt road turned into a paved highway and I walked on that the rest of the day. It was a busy road and there were plenty of cars wizzing by. I got water out of a well in the morning and by my evening break I had made it to a rest stop which had running water. It was a pretty boring day today. I'm camped off of a side road to the highway not far from a dumpster. Gotta love New Mexico. I do miss the actual mountains and trail from the previous states. New Mexixo has just felt like one road after the other.

No comments:

Post a Comment