Tuesday, May 5, 2015

May 5th, 2015

This morning I woke up around 3:45am and left at 4:45 to drive from Buffalo to the Southern terminus of the Trans Adirondack Route. Lando, an old AT friend who lives in Albany picked us up from there and drove us to the train station in Rensselear. A 4 hour train ride along lake Champlain later, I arrived in Plattsburg. I had no idea how we were going to make the 35 minute drive from there to Ellenburg but the trail dose not abandon you. It provided us with a ride from a woman named Gracann who had seen a post of ours online looking for rides. She had no way of contacting us but spotted us walking on the side of the road with our packs and pulled over. She took us right to the motel where we are staying tonight, the Matthews Motel. I managed to get my hands on a hummus veggie wrap before leaving Plattsburgh so when I got to Ellenburg I stuffed my face with that, chips, and soda. The last time I had a soda was the end of the CDT. After one and a half years....oh, how good it tasted!

I'm laying here in this little motel in the middle of almost nowhere in my smelly hiking clothes watching trashy TV with food wrappers and hiking gear scattered around and it feels like for the first time in a long time that I am home. Hummm....

Tomorrow morning will come and I will pack up my stuff and head out on the road to walk the 3 miles to the Northern terminus of the trail. From there I will start the Trans ADK.  Oh trail, it's good to be home.

No comments:

Post a Comment