Thursday, June 27, 2013

Wednesday, June 26th

Wednesday,  June 26th. Day 8.

Today's miles = 10 Total CDT miles = 94

Today I hiked 10 tiny miles to the Town of East Glacier Park. The first 3 miles were uphill in the horrible wind again. It was a pretty hike up and I even got to see two extreamly mangy mountain goats! It was right before the top of the mountain that I got a serge of energy (must have been the king size Snickers and oat meal I had for breakfast). It was either my breakfast or my frustration at the wind but I took off on a mission to get to the top and then get down again. It's unfortunate that my motivation for getting to the top of mountains is so that I can start on my way back down again but the weather has been so awful this week that I get almost no enjoyment from being up there. It was also raining by the time I reached the top today. I hiked faster today than any other day on the CDT so far. I might have just been excited to have a relief from the weather. I knew there was a hostel with a warm shower waiting for me.

I got to town around 1pm and got cleaned up, did laundry, then ordered a pizza. I spent the rest of the night doing almost nothing. It was glorious.

No comments:

Post a Comment