Thursday, June 27, 2013

Thursday, June 27th

Thursday, June 27th. Day 9.

Today's miles = zero. Total CDT miles = 94

I was so excited to sleep in today. I made it until 7:30 before the rest of the hostel was up and about. The walls are thin and prevented me from falling back asleep. I wasn't quite sure I wanted to fall back asleep after I had woken up from a terrible nightmare. (Monkey and I were being chased by a super zombie that wouldn't die despite every method of zombie killing I knew of). So, I got up for the day and made Baboon and I an egg and veggie breakfast scramble with bagels in the hostel kitchen. I laid around for the rest of the morning, did all my town chores in the afternoon (shop, mail fuel for cooking ahead to Lincoln, made calls, etc), then made a greasy but yummy thru hiker dinner. I'm glad this hostel has a kitchen. I'd much rather cook something then spend money on a restaurant. Looking forward to a hearty homemade breakfast tomorrow to start me off right for the 9 day stretch to the next town of Lincoln, Montana.

No comments:

Post a Comment