Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Sunday, June 23rd.

Sunday, June 23rd. Day 5.
Today's miles 15.2 Total CDT miles = 58.2
I woke up this morning tired and not wanting to get out of bed but I knew that today was going to have to be easier than yesterday. The trail was mellow today but COVERED in bear shit and quite overrun with plants. It felt more like bushwhacking than anything else. My knee was really bad today. I held off until lunch to take any pain meds. The mosquitoes were out in full force today as well as the sun. I am now covered in scratches from plants, bites from mosquitoes, and sunburn.
I'm a little nervous about tomorrow's hike because I have to go over another pass that looks similar to the one from yesterday. But I guess that's tomorrow's problem. And right now I have to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment